К нам в редакцию через хороших друзей нашего портала пришло вот это объявление о предложении сотрудничества. Тюменский университет набирает четырех профессоров в области Life Sciences, в том числе и по нейробиологии. Поэтому мы публикуем объявление о вакансии as is, на английском, со всеми ссылками,
The School of Advanced Studies (SAS) is recruiting 4 professors in environmental biology, evolutionary biology and neuroscience, as well as other disciplines.
SAS is a new and rapidly growing institution at the University of Tyumen (Siberia), supported by the Russian academic excellence project. SAS is an interdisciplinary research center and educational institution (BA/MA), it operates in English and currently employs 25 faculty from 11 countries, most of whom received their PhDs from universities top-ranked globally.
The distinctive feature of SAS is the organization of research around multidisciplinary team projects. We are interested in scholars committed to both research and teaching, who believe in the power of complex conversations across disciplinary boundaries.
Jobs at SAS provide a rare chance to develop one’s own research in the framework of a multidisciplinary team project, and also to contribute to shaping an innovative new institution. While scholars wishing to pursue all kinds of topics are encouraged to apply, we are particularly interested in the following research directions, within which more concrete team projects can be designed:
1) Multilevel evolution and the possibilities and limitations of applying evolutionary theory and ‘the logic of chance’ to social, economic, and cultural structures in their historical development.
2) Ethical and societal implications of genome technologies and neuroscience, such as genetic engineering, resurrection of extinct species, and direct manipulation of cognition and emotion in the brain, including in new media.
3) Arctic cities in the changing environment, ‘glocalization’ of the impact of environmental and technological changes on the economy, everyday urban experience, culture and society.
4) Implications of changing economic dominance of Global South vs. Global North, East vs. West, etc. for the economic, technological, social and national divides in the multipolar world. The possibilities of the creation of communities across these divides, including by means of storytelling and visual media.
5) The challenges posed by AI decision-making, machine creativity and technological objects becoming social subjects.
As SAS has the ambition to be part of an international network of multi- and interdisciplinary teaching and research centers, an international search committee will supervise the hiring process:
— Alexei Grinbaum, Institut de Recherche sur les Lois Fondamentales de l’Univers, CEA/Saclay (philosophy of science),
— Arne Dietrich, American University of Beirut (psychology and neuroscience),
— Barbara Igel, Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO (economics),
— James P. Gibbs, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (environmental studies),
— Svetlana Borinskaya, Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, RAS (genetics, evolutionary biology),
— Kevin M. F. Platt, University of Pennsylvania (cultural history),
— Lev Manovich, City University of New York (media studies),
— Machiel Keestra, Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Amsterdam (interdisciplinary studies),
— Victor Vakhshtain, The Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences (sociology).
Preliminary interviews will be conducted by Skype. Short-listed candidates will have the opportunity to team up through virtual contact in order to formulate draft multidisciplinary team projects. They will continue working on the project proposals during the project design session to be held at SAS in March 2020 where these projects will be assessed by the committee.
Successful candidates will be offered 3-year renewable contracts to pursue these projects and teach in the SAS BA life sciences major and the core curriculum. SAS biologists can also work with X-Bio Institute for Environmental and Agricultural Biology, use the institute’s lab facilities and collaborate with X-Bio’s permanent and visiting scholars from around the world. SAS faculty receive competitive salaries commensurate with experience, health insurance and research travel funds. Some information on Tyumen is available here.
Please send a CV, three letters of reference (to be sent separately), and a cover letter describing your academic background and research project(s) that you wish to pursue to email@example.com by December 10, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately.